Sinister: hello and souvlaki

Hcp2 at xxx.com Hcp2 at xxx.com
Tue Jul 14 12:43:40 BST 1998

Hello everyone,
     This is my first email since being on the list for the last 3 weeks.  I
hope I don't make a fool of myself.  Just wanted to comment on the word
souvlaki (the slowdive album).  I don't know what slowdive had in mind, but
souvlaki is like a gyro (pita with meat) , but it is supposed to make out of
lamb.  Don't eat meat, so don't know what it is really like.  I listened to
this cd last night, and it brought back memories of the shoegazing days.
     Ok now to the listees on the stateside, how come we have heard the cries
of the west coast and the pleas of RI and Baltimore for B&S gigs, but how come
we have not heard from folks from NY?  Just to rejoice the idea of a east
coast tour. Are we being complacent?  I guess they will probably play NYC, but
can you image if they will only play the west coast?  Anyway, I am not trying
to start a west coast-east coast thing.
po
. *** B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at ***
.     *** http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html ***