Sinister: Top Tens

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Tue Jul 14 13:21:26 BST 1998

>"my Kate" - isn't that nice? My uncle built the Sydney Opera House. The box
>office, anyway. Paignton - Timothy Faulkner from across the road used to go
>there on holiday. We used to go to Great Yarmouth. I do feel that these
>people who go abroad on holiday are missing out.

I know how you feel, not that I get to go on Holiday very much, but, I've
always gone to lovely places in Britain rather than abroad, where it's too
hot and the merest bit from an insect can kill you!  Places like Llandudno,
Blackpool and Largs. Charming they all are.

>without whom none of this pish would be poshible. I just felt the need to
>bring up these points because your message made Stuart sound really
>competent and "with it", an impression that could damage future record
>sales.

Yeah, didn't think Stuart mixed the other stuff, just the new album, at
least that's what I've been lead to believe, and he did the new one on a
whopping great ear infection, that daft beggar, so we'll all be able to
enjoy the new album when it comes out with the left hand speaker blasting it
out twice as loud as the right hand speaker! (boom boom)

    Incidentally, Katrina, it may be of worth pointing out to the band that
it's very much the thing these days to have a "Norman Cook remix" on your
singles these days. Where Quentin speeds up the vocal track and adds some
big drums to the back of it just as Lance and Martin did for "Santa doesn't
come to Summer Bay no more" on Home and Away.

    And Rodd, if your rule for music is "the more drums the merrier", then
perhaps you should check out Manowar. Their drummer was on record breakers
once for the largest drumkit ever, he's got about 80 of the fuckers - I
think they're also the loudest band ever too.

    Indeed Richard I don't blame you for not having a clue what's going on.
Let me just say that the Iron Maiden top 10 was a bit of a joke, but
nonetheless, here's one that's not a joke, someone mentioned the top 10
guitar solos, and that sounded like a great idea. Can we have a few more
heavy metal top tens please, is that allowed. What about a top ten heavy
metal bands.

1. Stone Roses - I am the resurrection. This rules it's as simple as that
2. Television - Marquee Moon. Not Tom Verlaine's bit, but the little widdly
bit that Richard Lloyd does after the first chorus
3. Neil Young - All along the watchtower. There was this great bit a few
years ago on the the telly where Neil Young and Pearl Jam do this and the
boy from Pearl Jam do a solo each, and Neil Young's guitar is about 10 times
as loud as the other bloke, and he just plays this one long wobbling note
and then goes away, totally upstaging the pearl jam lad.
4. Yngwie J Malmsteen - oh alright, I just wanted to say his name
5. The End - The Beatles - John Lennon's bits
6. They're getting thin on the ground now... so someone else have a go, I'll
pass the baton on to Tim Hopkins! Away you go Tim.

Cheers,
    Keith.

. *** B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at ***
.     *** http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html ***