Sinister: Top Tens

Michael Jones tourajsig2 at xxx.com
Tue Jul 14 14:47:57 BST 1998

---poetryplace2  wrote:

> 3) Pete Shelley's solo on The Buzzcocks' "Boredom". Ba-dum ba-dum.

Oh aye.

> 4) Johnny Marr coming out of the closet as a true axe-hero on "Paint A
> Vulgar Picture".

Quite fond of the Brian May-isms on 'Shoplifters of the World Unite'.

> 5) The guitar playing all the way through The Blue Aeroplane's lp
"Swagger"
> is just lovely. I think some bloke called Alex Bruschetta played on
"And
> Stones", and that's the business. He's in Massive Attack's band now.

That'll be Angelo Bruschini.  You've got a thing about bruschetta,
haven't you Trousers ?

Others worthy of mention, for quite different reasons... that lovely
60-second single-note feedback thing on Talk Talk's 'Laughing Stock'
and the deep and lasting horror of the solo in the middle of The
Carpenters' 'Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft'.

Mike.
. *** B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at ***
.     *** http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html ***