Sinister: Pernice Brothers / V Twin

Steve Genge steve at xxx.uk
Tue Jul 14 19:12:12 BST 1998

> oh yes, there's been quite a bit of talk about the pernice brothers over
> the last few weeks.  i spotted their new cd in a record shop the other
day,
> but wasn't really sure whether to get it, seeing as i haven't heard
> anything by them.  can anyone describe what they sound like, or who they
> sound like, or just tell me something about them, as i'm in the mood for
> something new...

You really should buy it, as in the end of year polls of albums with
Mustard colour sleeves it's bound to come top!  Um what does it sound like?
I'm hopeless at this sort of thing.....if you put 30 chimps in a room, 10
who liked the Tindersticks, 10 who liked B&S & the other 10 playing various
string & wind instruments you end up with chimp poo everywhere but you
might also end up with a sounmd not disimilar to the Pernice Bros altho
don't think the vocals & like matey from the Tindersticks & his shooting
stars club singer impressions!

At some point soon you can marvel at what someone far more eloquent & cute
than me has written about the album on my web page but at the moment that
bit's not there.  Check it out anyway, read about the exciting games you
can play on buses etc.

Ah yes V Twin, due to the fact I bought two copies of this rather fine
single last week, our singles buyer at work obviously thought he'd spotted
a trend & ordered shed loads more (technical music industry term) so if
anyone I guess outside of the UK wants one featuring her from the Pastels &
a certain Mr Geddes get in touch and we can sort out a trade.

     "Pain and beauty, our constant bedfellows"
                        Sabine Strohem
  Red Roses For Me Fanzine & Records For Sale
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Cabaret/9043/
. *** B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at ***
.     *** http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html ***