Sinister: Snow Patrol album, Treehouse soundfiles

Mick McMick mick at xxx.com
Wed Jul 15 02:28:31 BST 1998

Ahoy there, Sinister Mateys,
	No, this isn't a pirate-themed message! I checked out the Jeepster page
today. It looks quite swell. I checked the "news" section and noticed
the tracklisting for Snow Patrol's album. One of the tracks was listed
as "Velocity Girl." Might this be a cover of the C86 Primal Scream
classic? I haven't even heard Snow Patrol yet (though I wanna ;) but
that would certainly be a nod in their favor (or favour) and make me
more likely to plop down the price of an import single to hear a band
I've never heard before.
	On the subject of these soundfiles from Stuart David's Treehouse...well
you see I have a 33.6 modem, but I'm home for the summer, and we have no
phone outlet in my room. So instead of getting a new phone line here, my
parents sensibly got me this doohickey which lets one utilize a phone
line in another room through a wall electric socket. Neat, eh? Well it
sounds neat but practically it's horriffic. It lets you connect, sure,
but for modems the baud rate fluctuates between 4800 bps and (rarely)
9600. Anyway, as a result, when listening to RealAudio files from the
web, I buffer for a few minutes, hear 10 seconds of Isobel's lovely
voice, and then it ends abruptly, before buffering for several more
minutes, then returning with 10 more seconds of the song where she left
off, then repeating until about halfway through, where it finally just
completely crashes. So...(boy I'm long-winded) is there a way to
download the whole file, or must it be listened to live only? The same
goes for the Looper files. Help!

 /"\_/"\_/"\    Mick McMick - mick at indiepop.com - ICQ#5056758
 \         /    Sandcastle Records - sandcastlerecords at indiepop.com
  |       |     Sandcastle Homepage - http://indiepop.com/sandcastle/
  |       |
  |       |     "Everyone has their own cup of tea.
  |       |          Some just happen to like a lot of sugar in it!"
  |       |               - Me!
. *** B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at ***
.     *** http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html ***