Sinister: The Geoffery Chaucer of Pop

MWaggner at xxx.com MWaggner at xxx.com
Wed Jul 15 04:45:30 BST 1998

> I'm a big fan of the electric recording of "I Don't Believe You"
>  live in Belfast on the Biograph album. It's a complete racket, I can see
why
>  people were upset. Good stuff.

Oh gosh, -- if you are talking the version where he says, after playing a bit,
"This is called, 'I Don't Believe You.'  It used to be like that, now it goes
like this..." then, he stamps his foot, and the Band crashes in -- that was
recorded in May of 1966, most probably in Manchester at the Free Trade Hall,
altho' it has also been attributed to the Royal Albert Hall concert on May 26.
That's also the one where someone yells, "Judas" at him for going electric and
he says, "I don't believe you... you're a liar, a fucking liar."  It's
attributed to different shows on different recordings.  Must have been a great
tour, 1965 -1966, if the recordings are any indication at all.  Course, you
can see bits of it in "Don't Look Back."

Sorry to be pedantic or whatever... they're just some of my favorite
recordings. Next I'll be going on about... the meaning of F!O!L!K!

--michele

. *** B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at ***
.     *** http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html ***