Sinister: Catty time

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Wed Jul 15 12:53:52 BST 1998

>Firstly, I'm worried that Ciflux's desire to learn more about reading
>material may spur some of the more pompous among you to go for more cred
>points by recommending particularly cool/obscure tomes which are
>probably not much cop anyway. Do you think you could do this privately
>if you have to?

Who the fuck is being pompous here? You figure you can tell other people
what to write and what not to write, tell them to talk about it privately
and then send that mail to the list - and at the end of the mail ask that
they reply privately to the bloke. That seems slightly over the top if you
ask me. Since when did you decide who posts what to the list? There are 500
people on this list and not everyone's interested in all the posts, but some
people are interested in some posts. If things get out of hand Paul mentions
it and in any case, they usually run their course. No-one's posted to you to
tell you that you ought to post something more interesting have they? This
list is supposed to be for everyone, not just things any one individual
might find to be interesting.

. *** B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at ***
.     *** http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html ***