Sinister: Mummy's toybox

Honey honey at xxx.net
Wed Jul 15 15:27:11 BST 1998

Right, gather round me little bunnies because I want to have a word.
No-one, not anyone, on this list should be mailing the list and telling
other how to behave on it.  That goes for Mark and for Keith who
replied to it with a slap and for anyone who's thinking of replying to
this.  I've been running this list for nearly a year now and by and
large I think I've done an OK job, I hope.  I'll step in when things
get out of hand or I think this list is becoming too hmm minority
interest, and I will always, *always* step in if someone bad-mouths
someone else.  Provocation is no excuse.  I don't like it and I won't
allow it.  If you want a list like that, well gosh, I guess you'll just
have to go off and create one yourself.

You know, I really don't like having to do things to keep the list
sweet, and mostly you are all little angels - I have posters of you all
up around my walls you know and I think you're all gorgeous.  But once
in a while I have to become Mother and it's not my idea of fun - I'm
very busy and a little tired and I just want this thing to run
invisibly.  And mostly it does thanks to you lot.  And I can't spend
ages trying to decide if something is a swipe at someone else or not -
I'll sometimes just decide to shh you.  Please don't take it
personally.

Your job here is not to decide how the list is run and what is to be
posted and big mummy things like that, but to be happy little souls
and have erm, fun.  And to occasionally read the list rules on the
WWW site and try and remember that there's 515 people listening to
every word you breathe, so think carefully what you post, and make
sure you aren't showing off your big new dumper truck or Sindy, but
that you just want to part of a community.

So you go on and tell us the books you've read that you think are
good, and don't worry if you think they're obscure - even better
someone volunteer to collect them offline and send a summary back to
the list.  I don't want *anyone* to feel nervous about posting to
this list because they might not be IN or know enough or might get a
slagging.  And don't go telling someone else off publically for being
pompous.  People are welcome to mail me privately and tell me what
they think of the list and if they like or dislike the way it's going
and any positive suggestions to help - and it's nice to be told once
in a while that the list is nice, because I don't get paid for this
:)  I'm busy at the moment so I might have trouble getting back to
you but please do send me comments about the list if the spirit moves
inside you, but don't complain TO the list!

Now - off you go, wipe your tears and go and play in the sand pit.  Tea
will be in 30 minutes so make sure you wash your hands.

Honey with a hankie xxx

. *** B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at ***
.     *** http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html ***