Sinister: no you have to press record and play at the SAME time, Dad

Honey honey at xxx.net
Wed Jul 15 15:30:19 BST 1998

Oh yes.  Our hero of the hour, well year, is understandably a bit fed
up organising Tigermilk/session blind dates between tapers and tapees
as he ended up having to do them all himself.  So round of applause
to the man in the mask, I'll be removing mention of it soon, and we
need to decide the best way to deal with this in the future:

1) Let all requests come back to the list again without moaning.
Each person who asks will get none, one or 100 replies from willing
tapers.  It's crude, it works but it's a little tiresome.

2) Someone else volunteer to be coordinator.  You may wish your name
to be private but I think Jeepster have made their position clear:
tape copies of something unreleased until it is are hmm.. tolerated.
So the coordinator would make sure s/he had a regular supply of
volunteers to do tapings on each side of the Atlantic and maybe
elsewhere too and would match people up geographically close-ish.

3) Just a load of willing tapers.  But this would have to be
permanent volunteers really as I haven't time to be 2) as well as
list owner.  I'd just stick their email addressed up on a WWW page,
their locations and have done with it.

Comments to me please (my email address, not the list) in the next week
and in the absence of any substantial ones I'll just go for 1).  Please
bear in mind before you go volunteering that the number of requests may
go up come September 7th/8th, and I don't want to go sending out this
message all over again in three months time :).  Oh, and that I seem to
be allergic to stamps as the casualties of the Beat Patrol tape fiasco
will tell you (I still feel guilty - jj - it's in the tape deck NOW!).

Oh quickly, a reminder: Jeepster are generally quiet about tapes, but
they feel they have to act when someone mentions CD copies publically.
That's their position, you may disagree but let's not have a rehash of
this on the list please.

That's it, can I go and play now? - Honey xxx

. *** B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at ***
.     *** http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html ***