Sinister: Major Crisis

Adrian Evans aevans at xxx.uk
Wed Jul 15 16:25:31 BST 1998

Nick Dastardly & Mutley yelped :

>This is rubbish

Don't mess around then !

>1.  It involves a character who is not a schoolgirl.  Schoolgirls are
>great but people will start talking if *every* song I listen to
>involves them.

Clearly I cannot argue with this.

>5. It storms in and kicks bugle ass after the gay boy foppery of
>"Seeing Other People".

Oh no..oh no oh no no oh no non nein never....

This is without doubt the best track on the album and completely unfortunate that it is track two...as Gl**n H*d*le says, you don't want to peak too early....Seeing Other People is the premature ejaculation amongst all album tracks.

>Feel free to tell me I've totally missed the point or should restrict myself >to talking about the best newt drum solo ever.

I can't disagree with much of what you say apart from your fifth point, However what I was getting at is that "Major" TO ME is totally out of place on IYFS.  I am not saying that all B&S songs should sound the same or that the band should adopt one style, on the contrary, I just don't think IYFS was the right place for that track to appear.  And your argumes aren't exactly vote-clinchers eh ?

Don Mark-o Casarotto wrote :

>One big reason why I didn't want to discuss the less then perfect oeuvre
>of B&S is because people will immediately leap to the defense of their
>faves, which is bad enough when you try to have a conversation about it
>on the list it could take months, and cost thousands of lives.
>Having said that, Me and the Major is great, especially the "Snow is
>falling" bit - and the rest of it, actually. So ner.

I see no problem in healthy debate over which songs are great and which songs are shite as long as you don't lose the thread...it is B&S content after all.  Obviously we all see ourselves as armchair critics and I except yours and Nicks views as subjective opinion, which we are all entitled to.

NOW SOME BASTARD BACK ME UP ON THIS ONE !!!

Oh and Miller...STOP THAT PIDGEON.

Penelope Pitstop.
. *** B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at ***
.     *** http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html ***