Sinister: Major Crisis

Nick Dastoor nickdastoor at xxx.com
Wed Jul 15 17:36:16 BST 1998

I spouted:

>> 5. It storms in and kicks bugle ass after the gay boy foppery of
>> "Seeing Other People".

So Drain-boy Evans spurted:

>Oh no..oh no oh no no oh no non nein never....

> This is without doubt the best track on the album and completely
> unfortunate that it is track two...as Gl**n H*d*le says, you don't
> want to peak too early....Seeing Other People is the premature
> ejaculation amongst all album tracks.

Ah-ha - but you've fallen into my trap. I never said that gay boy
foppery was a *bad* thing, did I?  That's just you and your rampant
homophobic gloss.  It's just you can have too much of a good thing, so
I am happy to let rough boy Major come riding into town on his big
strong horse.

I love the slow R1 session version of 'Seeing Other People' too, in
which Belle and Sebastian manage to recreate the halcyon sound of the
Velvet Underground circa 1968. But it must have its detractors too as
it only scores about 6 in the voting booth.  I bet there's a whopping
great Standard Deviation, though.  I'm going to start a campaign for
you to bring back Standard Deviation to the voting booth, David. And
add some regression analysis whilst you're about it.

No, 'If You're Feeling Sinister' (when was the lsat time someone spelt
that out in full, eh?  You lazy lot) is flawless.  Except *coughs* I
do have a slight problem with the last track.  I think it's the name
Judy. If only it were called... 'Morag and the Dream of Horses'.  No,
still no good.  Maybe it's the horses.  'Morag and the Dream of
Newts'.  Yes, much better.

Nick, who has not been called Nick Dastardly since primary school.

xx
. *** B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at ***
.     *** http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html ***