Sinister: shoegazing

Brandt S. Fundak bfundak at xxx.net
Thu Jul 16 04:30:53 BST 1998

At 10:56 PM 7/15/98 EDT, BCapirigi at aol.com wrote:

>this might sound utterly daft, but can someone please explain to me what
>shoegazers are?  my music guide thingy lists, as Shoe Gazers:
>blur
>charlatans uk
>happy mondays
>inspiral carpets
>my bloody valentine
>portishead
>stone roses
>suede
>
>i dont see that much of a connection...

I believe the term came from the guitarists of these bands staring at their
shoes while playing.

Brandt
"I heard that guy's ass has it's own congressman"

				Jimbo Jones
				from the Simpsons
. *** B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at ***
.     *** http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html ***