Sinister: top ten

Suzanne Schroeder suzsch at xxx.net
Thu Jul 16 07:28:25 BST 1998

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 23:32:09 -0400
> From: Shackie <HobieS at xxx.net>
> Subject: Re: Sinister: Tree top ten
>
> Andrew O'Sullivan wrote:
>
> > 1. Oak
> > 2. Elm
> > 3. Cherry
> > 4. Birch
> > 5. The Sinister Tape Tree
> > 6. Willow
> > 7. Fir
> > 8. Apple
> > 9. Pine
> > 10. Mulberry
>
> wowa...
> SOMEONE's a bit bored...

Top 10 list of things for bored people to do:

1.  Sit and stare at a wall
2.  Write a 10 page thesis on the socio-political importance of word
processors for your own personal pleasure.
3.  Fidgit
4.  Clean your room
5.  Watch other people clean your room
6.  Practice the tambourine
7.  Trying to do a web search for Barry Manilow's email address
8.  Discuss the weather
9.  Listening to someone talk about the socio-political importance of
wordprocessors and nodding because you can't think of anything to day
dream.
10.  Air-switch for a low-powered tv station.

> Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 00:25:23 EDT
> From: BCapirigi at xxx.com
> Subject: Sinister: top 10 reasons why B&S should play Rhode Island
>
> 10.  i'm not married
> 9.    when oasis played here someone flung a shoe at em
> 8.    if you dont i know a psychotic woman who will kill them (but only
cos i
> like em)
> 7.    we have the nations oldest 4th of july parade
> 6.    if they play here i will pee my pants with joy
> 5.    celine dion wouldnt be caught dead here
> 4.    jackie o and conan o'brien both used to spend their summers here
> 3.    i make arse-kickin' honeydew soup
> 2.    there is one club in all of providence...yeah!
> 1.    i forgot what tryptophan was

10 reasons B&S should come to Texas:

1.  If they come in the winter, they can wear shorts outside coz it's too
damned hot.
2.  They can see an actual Red Neck that wasn't bred in captivity
3.  If they stay out of East and West Texas, they won't have to see a red
neck.
4.  Morrissey wouldn't be caught dead here
5.  I'll open for them!  Me & my guitar. how about it?
6.  The Houston Black metal festival was cancelled and metal heads
everywhere are looking for a filler
7.  Austin is full of beer and a few bars nice enough to almost pass as a
pub.
8.  Being Glawegians, they will be shocked to see the sunlight.
9.  We don't have an underground subway that smells of urine.
10.  We're one of the few cities in the US that know who they are because
we're a bunch of pretentious "we don't listen to the mainstream" types.

. *** B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at ***
.     *** http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html ***