Sinister: Plea For Sanity

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Thu Jul 16 08:32:49 BST 1998

Katrina, you really should do that LP review, you know. How about a song per
day? Don't forget to refer to the rough versions as well. We all know you're
not really showing off your "big new dumper truck". No one would accuse a
banana shop employee of showing off if he/she suddenly started going on
about bananas. Anyone who doesn't want to read it can simply delete. I think
most of us would be genuinely interested in a bit of inside information.

Who is Gaz Top? Is he the Nobby the Sheep bloke? What is Charles in Charge?
Is  he that Chachi Loves Joanie bloke?

I think "that woman" adds an extra dimension to LLPJ, especially the part
about running miles in some boy's jumper. Which is one of my favourite bits.
It is like an expertly wielded scalpel to the bottom of my very soul.

Neil Young is Canadian, I like him. His songs are like expertly wielded
scalpels to the bottom of my very soul. Pre-Craetion MBV is okay if you like
what reviewers tend to call "indie introspection", they were loud and P!O!P!
but the songs weren't expertly wielded scalpels to the bottom of my very
soul. Shoegazing was a label attached to loads of bands who were a little
bit MBV, a little bit Cocteaus. Most of the band members were  supposedly
Jaspers AWOL from the Buckaroo den. Some other groups got bunged in with
them, the Boo Radleys being famously referred to as "shoegazing poo with
trumpets".

Adrian, what do you mean, CATCH THE PIGEON?

Peter

. *** B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at ***
.     *** http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html ***