Sinister: Yamaha PSS-270

rob b rewb2 at xxx.uk
Thu Jul 16 15:25:30 BST 1998

Dastardly wrote:

> And then someone suggested that SM must have been drunk when he wrote
> "Hurley's Having Dreams" The cheek!  No doubt he would class it as
> emabarrassing juvenilia now, but I think I like it best of all the
> Stow demos.  Oh dear, it looks like I'm trying to score points on
> Peter Miller's B&S-snob-o-meter.
>
> Now she's eight months pregnant/In her dress she's so elegant
> Does a handstand maybe/No, it's not good for the baby......
> Clip-clop clip-clop
> Hisssssss........

'Does a handstand maybe'!  God, i've been trying to figure that line out
for ages!  Thank-you, my good man, for that.  Any chance of a complete
lyric for that song, as it's quite tricky to make it out (well it is on my
copy, anyway).  And yes, i agree with you, it is a fabulous song, right
from it's beatles-esque beginning through the wonderful slightly off beat
tambourine playing, with that fantastically cheap sounding toys r us organ
playing towards the end.  sheer genius i say.  it makes me think of
campfires for some reason - i can picture them sitting around playing a
cheap guitar and tambourine, singing along as night sets in, just before an
impromptu rendition of 'he's got the whole world in his hands' or
something...  or maybe i'm only dreaming.

actually, i'm rather partial to 'london has let me down' despite the fact
that it sounds alarmingly like 'jingle bells' played on a crap £29.99
yamaha keyboard, with a choice of 49 exciting instruments (including wave,
machine gun, telephone, you know the sort)

i reckon they used the same keyboard for the drum machine in 'electronic
renaissance'.

just my tuppence worth...

rob
. *** B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at ***
.     *** http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html ***