Sinister: A Heartbeat Throb With Spy (anag)

Hopkins, Tim t.hopkins at xxx.uk
Thu Jul 16 17:22:00 BST 1998

Apologies one and all for that previous fragment of a message, which was, as they say, a work in
progress, and will only be of interest to historians of my oeuvre, who will find it an
invaluable resource, by way of contrast to my usual polished postings.

I meant what I said about Edward though.

Anyroadup, on to more irrelevances. I have become most disturbed with the volumen of on-topic
posts. People will be unsubscribing in their droves. So what follows is my attempt to redress
the balance.

As a result of my Duvel-drenched absence, I have some points to raise with you all. Please

Carrick wrote...

	>And I wouldn't have bought you a pint of cider, seeing that most Americans in 1984 had
no clue >that you could buy alcoholic cider at a bar. Still don't.

No no, we'd have bought you one. Which might have given us more reason to laugh at you. Or not,
depending on how good you are at stomaching liquid which tastes like rancid, thickened vinegar
and looks like stomach pumpings. I, as it turns out, am actually rather good at it, and it has
become something of a hobby of mine.

Miller Lite, in his turn, said...

	>we went to Newton St Cyres. We might have seen a couple of cows and sheep and stuff and
had >a pint of cyder.

And those people you saw sniggering and pointing at you rudely were the locals, laughing at
grockels trying to drink zzzyderrrr. Perhaps it was me? Although I only went to Newton St Cyres
once, and that involved an ill-fated encounter with a pub called The Beer Engine. Least said
soonest mended about that I think, although you should know that the evening involved a great
deal of beer, 'Safety Net' by the Shop Assistants and 'Sad Kaleidoscope' by The Razorcuts.

May I take this opportunity to say that I think that shoegazing is vile in all its forms, and
that it is the antithesis of all that is P!O!P! Dull and studious music made by Serious Young
Men is not for me, thank you very much.

I hate shoegazing almost as much as I hate guitar solos. I'd rather listen to a set of bagpipes
being inserted into a camel. Or a camel light. Nevertheless, I am not one to ignore a challenge.
So, here are the four guitar solos which Keithyboy missed off his list:

7) 'Babysitters' by the Stupid Babies. Fast Records Scotland, 1980(?). Early Adamski.

8) Soundtrack to 'Hurlements En Faveur De Sade', film by Guy Debord, 1968 (?). As featured on
'Lipstick Traces' comppilation LP, Rough Trade, 1990 (?)

9) 'Fish From Tahiti' by Danny and The Dressmakers, Fck Off Records, 1981 (?). On the 'Weird
Noise EP', which also involved former members of ATV and future members of World Domination
Enterprises.

10)  'I Visualise' by Headtime (Cherry Red Records, 1991).

This service has been provided to you by 'cool/obscure tunes which are probably not much cop
anyway' incorporated. If you see these records in any shop, at any price, run away as quickly as
you can. Apart from the Headtime one, of course. Now who wants to join a tape tree with me?

There was loads of other stuff, but I've forgotten what it was. Be kind to the newts, Linda...it
was probably a cry for help in my opinion... have they been watching too many of the Ingmar
Bergman films which run for 24 hours a day round your house? Or what? You should perhaps re-name
them 'Norman' and 'Hunter'.

Bye bye

Tim

. *** B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at ***
.     *** http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html ***