Sinister: Old threads and new. HA!

James Errington james at xxx.com
Thu Jul 16 20:19:14 BST 1998

Someone wrote;
> Arab Strap is not that great.  It's nothing but bass and an
> occasional squealy noise.  damn.  I want my money back.
NO! Stick with it! You may not get it on the first go, but keep on listening and
pay particular attention to the lyrics. I didn't like them at first, but they are, you
could say, an aquired love.

Someone else wrote;
> Who is Gaz Top? Is he the Nobby the Sheep bloke?
Gaz Top, for all americans etc is a 'quirky' childrens TV (science programmes
mainly) presenter with (at the moment) ridiculous spiky blonde hair.

...and someone else wrote;
> Blur, well they've just jumped around from scene to
> scene trying to make it look like they'd invented eveey one of them. I
> remember clearly Damon Albarn trying to claim he had "Killed Baggy" - Doh!
> You daft bastard, you've just been on top of the pops dresssed up as the
> Stone Roses!
....oh, come on, I think it's pretty fair to say that Blur invented "Britpop" at
least. And, before you get on your high horse, we all make the occasional
stupid comment - I bet B&S themselves cringe when they hear themselves on
Mark Lamarr saying that they 'Only give out their address to birds'

> Some of the bands had good careers after but to my mind only Ride stuck
> to a similar formula.
Nah, with ride it wasn't really a formula, just a mood. I still love Ride, contrary
to the impression previously given, so if anyone wants to criticise them I'll take
them on. Still, I'll not forgive Andy Bell for either Hurricane #1 or THAT Sun
advert.

> Stuart M sulks for three days
Just a nice request - can people stop referring to Stuart as 'Stuart M' - As a
huge Mogwai fanatic I always think for a second you mean Stuart Mogwai AKA
pLasmaTron and am therefore put down to find you don't mean him at all.
Thankyou.

Jon g wrote
> Anyway, I like Seeing Other People.  So hands off.  I like the slow version
> as well.  bethey prefers the sinister version.  So there.
Personally I love everything B&S have ever done, except...
1) I suppose the session 'Seeing other people' is a little out of tune
2) The new 'The State I Am In' is not nearly as good as the original, and
therefore just makes me wast to listen to it
3) I think 'Beautiful' takes the whole twee thing a little too far. Just a little.

'Andrew Robertson' wrote...
> usubscribe sinister
.....and they say there is no justice in the world. Andrew, I hope you enjoy this
e-mail! 'usubscribe' indeed!

	So, that's done with all those old threads, and onto a new one. I just
bought a double A-side 7" single with Stereolab on one side and Fuxa on the
other. I hadn't heard of Fuxa before, but I LOVE their track. Does anyone know
anything about them?

		Ta!
			WeeJay

WeeJay - Manipulating you illicitly since 1979
james at twopounds.u-net.com
. *** B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at ***
.     *** http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html ***