Sinister: I love you all...

Stuart Gardiner skg21 at xxx.uk
Thu Jul 16 22:58:08 BST 1998

On Thu, 16 Jul 1998, Suzanne Schroeder wrote:

> "If I had a million dollars I'd buy your love..."  It kept going on and on
> until I figured out "Hey, wait!  This is an actual song!"
>
> I cringed my way through the rest of it and later discovered it was the
> Barenaked Ladies!  They're Canadian!

Personally I quite like this song actually - although that's probably just
because it brings back memories of travelling over to Holland with a
coach load of students for a korfball tournament, doing mass karaoke to
it.

"If I had a million dollars, I'd buy you a green dress;
 But not a real green dress, that's cruel..."

Music shouldn't be taken seriously all the time...

I also think "The Boy With The Arab Strap" is a great name for the album,
if only because it will confuse all the music journos who insist on
writing about B&S as these twee, innocent, mother-loving types all the
time...

Of course, we now need to come up with an abbreviation for it, 'cos it's
too long to type out every time. So;

Top Ten abbreviations for the new album title:

10, TBWTAS

9, Arab Strap

8, The Boy

7, The new one

6, About bloody time too

5, The extra mixing time was really worth it, honest

4, Stuart's lovechild

3, Jeepster's lovechild

2, Honeypaul's lovechild

1, Cock Fun

Oh, and if anyone has a list crush on me, you're completely mad. However I
am single at the moment so... (Unless Casaratto's reading this, in which
case I am most definitely NOT available to him...)

The Lurve God

. *** B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at ***
.     *** http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html ***