Sinister: first crush comp list

Nick Dastoor nickdastoor at xxx.com
Fri Jul 17 10:45:35 BST 1998

>Keith- 5
>Tag- 5
>Morrissey-4
>THE ENTIRE LIST- 2
>Living and Loving Matthew- 1
>Biondino- 1
>Tim Hopkins- 1
>Brad- 1
>Katrina- 1
>David- 1
>Bethey- 1
>Gary- 1
>and, finally, me, Kristen- 1

What's going on here?  Only 3 votes for girls against 16 for boys (I'm
not counting Morrissey until he subscribes).  Are boys on the list too
shy, too cool to participate, or just more loveable?  And don't give
me that gayboy fop excuse - come on, broaden your horizons. Girls are
g-rreat too.

Other things:

You've all gone mad part #3:  I think 'Simple things' or 'It could
have been a brilliant career' would have been *disastrous* album
titles.  It's one thing having an overtly twee, detractor-baiting
title (like Honey's 'Songs for Children'), but these two would have
just been anodyne, nothing titles .  They're fine as track titles, but
an album is like setting out your stall to the world.  You've got to
dress to impress, like Roxette said.  Or at least confuse.

This Canadian artists thing can't run on any longer without a mention
of Mary Margaret O'Hara.  Morrissey once called 'Miss America' the
best album of the 80's, and for once the old nag might just have been
right.

Nick xxx

. *** B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at ***
.     *** http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html ***