Sinister: First (past the) Posts

Ian Turton buffalo at xxx.uk
Fri Jul 17 11:41:17 BST 1998

Jen Jones wrote RE: Songs for Chicks by Chicks:

> 4) “The Price I Pay” Billy Bragg.  Okay, this is a song about love
> lost but I LOVE to sing it at the top of my lungs (regardless of the
> fact I can’t carry a tune) and a lovely sentiment at that.

'Must I Paint You A Picture' by BB seems to floor most of the girls I
play it to. And I don't mean, 'get them on the floor' either. No. I've
got a spendid, firm mattress. It's either that or a jitty with a bus
stop nearby.

> Yeah, ok, that’s the end of my first post to this here list.  I am
> little nervous with all the rules that I may have broken one with
> length but you gotta shoot for the stars right?

Jen, I don't think there's any need to worry about complaints from
fellow listees. Partly cos that's the best email sent to the list
recently, but mainly cos Keith '5 Votes' Watson now has a firm electoral
mandate to futher his role as an avatar of justice.

And to combine two topics mentioned above, guys definitely need an
insight into what girls think. I would have thought Chris Leonard was a
cert. for a place in the Crush Collision Mix top 3. Nary a vote. 'You
will agree' he said 'that it is a fascinating pancake and a conundrum of
great incontinence, a phenomenon of the first rarity.'

Nick Dastor wrote:

> This Canadian artists thing can't run on any longer without a mention
> of Mary Margaret O'Hara.  Morrissey once called 'Miss America' the
> best album of the 80's, and for once the old nag might just have been
> right.

Indeed. Her 'A New Day' single has a live version of 'To Cry About'
which is simply ... 'Wyatt, I don't have the words'.

Turt

. *** B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at ***
.     *** http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html ***