Sinister: Nick Dastoor

Mark Casarotto Mark at xxx.com
Fri Jul 17 15:08:11 BST 1998

Not really - I just wanted to make young Nick (who I have met only once,
but it seems like I've known him a lifetime) feel a bit more persecuted.

Was Kristen joking about all the votes for Morrissey? Hope so - Johnny
Marr was always the better looking, as well as the most talented. Still,
Suedehead, Last of the Famous, Interesting Drug - not bad going for a
has-been...

I had loads to say, but after a bottle or two of Amarone at lunchtime,
it's all left me. I have a bit of a problem with Ian's hate list, I must
admit - I don't see why they deserve to be lumped together, for a start
- is he slagging them to see what people's reactions will be? It seems
to me a bit of a miracle that he likes Belle and Sebastian if he is so
antipathetic towards a good half of those he slates - and anyway, how
come he's so au fait with the Cha Cha Cohen back catalogue ("10.
Virtually anyone else on the Chemikal Underground label")?

I also have a bit of a soft spot for Bis - and have you seen Manda since
the weight went and the tan arrived? Helloo...

And can I just say fuck off to anyone who genuinely uses the term
"middle class" as an insult. We're stuck with it, bucko.

I've just read a story with the words "my egg-laying days are over" in
it - maybe I have stumbled on the mysterious lost verse...

Love and grumpiness,
Biondo

. *** B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at ***
.     *** http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html ***