Sinister: The Fox and the Boxer

duke of harringay tangent at xxx.net
Fri Jul 17 17:52:58 BST 1998

Chris Leonard wrote:

> Being so girlie made life very hard for young Struan.  You see, he lived in
> the toughest street in the whole of Troon, a vile and wretched town on the
> westermost coast of Scotland.

well this is quite transparently another attempt to hijack the lifestory
of the duke and use it for the ends of promoting popular music
recordings by youngsters not imaginative enough to make up enough
banality about their own lives.

the duke would like it to be known that his life in the vile streets and
promenade of troon was indeed incomprehensibly dreadful and the bit
about getting the girls because being weedy and girly became trendy is
in fact a load of pish. the only thing that the duke was ever good at in
troon was being beat up by casuals. and casuals' girlfriends.

if 'struan' ever passed the duke by in those hateful days he probably
thought, 'well life may be pish but it's not as pish as it is for him'.
or something.

actually someone on the list once told me that they think they saw me in
troon once, outside Togs, and this was before they'd written to me and
anyway, they said that i looked like i was probably the 'hipster'
outsider of the town or something, and it was so sweet when i heard that
and it almost made up for being in the bloody place. It was probably
just made up but it made me happy for a while :-)

i'm heartbroken i haven't even scored 1 in the crush lists... sigh.
probably serves me right for being such an arrogant know-all fuckwit.

and i think that the new LP title is ace and i'm just glad they hadn't
decided on that when i asked K & D back at start of the year so that our
school kids could do designs for it...

respect,

duke of stella

. *** B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at ***
.     *** http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html ***