Sinister: Shot right through me like a bolt of blue.

Northy rnorth at xxx.uk
Fri Jul 17 19:50:15 BST 1998

It is yes Katrina, but for some reason I forgot to send the whole
story....

so here goes....

OK, I was at the petrol station opposite the Links pub in Ashford
Middlesex with my friend Ian at about 4pm.  We'd just come back from
playing tennis and we were slurping away at our drinks.

So I look at this car, and say, doesn't that car look weird. (The
number plate was not in the middle, it was placed to the right.

Then Ian says, "look, that bloke looks like Thom Yorke", and I look
at him filling his car up and it does a bit.  Plus he was wearing
sunglasses, and although it was sunny, I thought he might be wearing
them to cover his lazy eye.

So he's finished filling up and he walks past us into the petrol
station shop.  He was wearing grungey clothes and was unshaven.  So I
think, "oh my God, Thom Yorke"  Then I look through the shop window
and he'd taken his sunglasses off and I saw the lazy eye!  THOM YORKE
THOM YORKE THOM YORKE THOM YORKE THOM YORKE

So rather nervously I go into the shop and manage to stutter the
question, "excuse me are you Thom Yorke"  Not looking at me he said
in a rather pissed off tone, "Sorry I'm busy mate" and I said "oh"
and walked off.

So, I walked out and back to speak to my friend.  I was *so* ashamed
at having invaded his privacy and I felt *really* bad.

But nothing will take away the fact that Thom Yorke, an international
rock star was at the petrol station in my home town at the same time
as me.

I mean this thing really, really meant a lot to me.

Probably like one of you guys meeting Morrissey when you were my age
(18)

> just trying to keep honey sane .. doncha think that that sort of thing
> is slighty inapporpriate to post to the B&S list?

Yes, but this was a monumental part of my life and damned exciting!

so anyway I suppose I'd better add my two cents to the Belle and
Sebastian album title:

If I had the deciding vote I'd call it "Fraggle Rock" just because I
could.

anyways

bye

. *** B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at ***
.     *** http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html ***