Sinister: Re: Morrissey,BBR,Visiting Rights

Ed Mason emason at xxx.com
Fri Jul 17 19:21:22 BST 1998

>From: TFertig3 at xxx.com
>Subject: Fwd: Sinister: Re: morrissey
><<
> i love morrissey.
> - >>
>
>This is sick.  Morrissey's an old bag.
>
>That ought to insite some riots.

On this topic, there's an article in today's (UK) Guardian by Dave Simpson
on said Mozzer, which includes the following;

"It's not generally known that Stephen Patrick Morrissey currently has no
record or publishing deal and no management, and that his band of several
years standing have formed a new group, Lorca.  His lat album...sold
poorly.  His name has been removed from Mercury's Website list of artists.
Some suggest a new two-album deal with an unspecified label, others
imminent retirement".

DMC wrote;

>Shoegazing was one of those scenes put together in a conspiracy by the NME
> has been followed by such terrible things as Fraggle rock (Back
>to the Planet), the crusty scene (Levellers), Riot Grrrl (Huggy Bear - Lest
>we forget!), the New Wave of New Wave (Sleeper, Elastica), Britpop and all
>the other terrible tags that those who want to destroy music have come up
>with.

Let's not forget Romo (RoMo?), oh alright then, lets.

Comrade Hopkins' single-handed attempt to repopularise a certain early 90s
Cherry Red band is interesting, funnily enough I was thinking of a similar
project focussed around The Visitors, I feel an interesting addition to my
Tape Tree effort coming on...

For those of us seeking aural entertainment in the gap between now and 7
September it appears that worse could be done than Luke Haine's new band
Black Box Recorder, just heard 'It's Only The End of The World' from
'England Made Me' LP on a free Mojo (magazine) CD sampler, truly
fine...(also cotains a Pernice Brothers track and Rufus Wainwright, on
subject of recent posts)

Have just realised that 'Mayfly' and 'The Boy Done Wrong' are perhaps my
favourite B&S songs, (this week anyway) irrespresibly pop and irredeemably
melancholy respectiively...

Cheers, Ed
. *** B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at ***
.     *** http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html ***