Sinister: french films

Tim Harris tlh20 at xxx.uk
Sun Jul 19 12:06:00 BST 1998

On Sat, 18 Jul 1998, debbie wrote:

> i don't know what the French title was (and probably couldn't spell it if i
> did), but 'A Self Made Hero' was one of the best films i have ever seen.
> has anyone else seen this?

Yes!!! "Un héros très discret" -- does anyone know what the French title
means though, since "très discret" doesn't really sound like it'll be the
same as "self made".  I saw it a few years ago and can't really rememember
much of the plot either, I think it started with one cool bit where he's
overheard someone asking at a newspaper kiosk for "the lieutenant's
papers" and the next day he asks a small child at the place he's staying
in to go and fetch him "the lietenant's papers" (so that he won't have to
pay for them) and everyone starts thinking that he really is a famous army
bod.

"Three colours: blue" is another one I'd have in my top 10.

cheers,

tim

. *** B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at ***
.     *** http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html ***