Sinister: you people are super, canada, #sinister, i make plastic plants.

jubilee ? paiku at xxx.com
Sun Jul 19 18:52:29 BST 1998

hello uhm, you.

I promised myself i would get through the 900 and something e-mails i
had from this list before i allowed myself to send anything.  Of course
that means that i didn't read yours unless you made an interesting
topic.  And if you all go by the same indication then no one is reading
this, hoohaw :D  And of course there were so many things that i wanted
to give my $0.02 on, but now i forget most of them.
    Canadian music.  or right, that was one of them.  See the thing that
most people don't realise is that inch for inch, and pound for pound, we
have an equal amount of quality as any other of you countries, and on
the reverse, we also have a par amount of tosh.  You have to consider
the population.  There are far more people in the usa and in the uk then
in canada.  I do however see how you could think that canada produces
nothing but rubbish because I'm in the bloody country and it's quite
difficult to find quality, even though it's very much there.  You have
to take chances and listen to people that tell you 'hey, they're pretty
decent.'  It's also much harder to make it in canadian music, the
distributors and record labels are fewer and fa between compared to the
rest of you lot.  I know a band called Admiral, i saw them open for
someone bigger a couple years ago, and they were quite good, had a 60's
sort of vibe, as that's what they mostly listen to, i later found out.
They're now signed onto a label in america, i don't quite remember which
one, but they carry the apples in stereo and frank black.  Yet they
still haven't been signed in canada.  Of course this is just me rambling
on about a topic that i could know a LOT more about then i actually do.
So anyway, maybe i few of you caught my point.   If not, too bad.
mwahaha.

   What else was there...i don't know.  I do take a lot of what you all
talk about in terms of good bands to heart.  I'm younger than jong it
seems, so it wasn't that long ago really that i stopped listening to
teddy bear picnic and noticed that there is more out there.  (not that
much younger than jong, i'm not 12 or anything) so it really interests
me to hear about who you listen to and recommend.  I've learned a lot
since i've been on the list actually.  I used to find things from my
brother, but he's strayed off into a different musical...phase? maybe?
or maybe it's permanent.  I'm glad though, because it helps me discover
more.  He's not into the whole b&s/arab strap/tindersticks/pastels etc.
and 60's sound, but more the dj drum and bass hip hop with a beat
direction.  Some of the stuff he likes is great, superb, the james
lavelle, dj shadow, bentley rythm ace, fluke tortoise, fat boy slim blah
blah blah, a lot of which is ace, but for me it's no where neat enough.

  My i do tend to ramble!  I'll just be on about one more thing then.  I
stopped in at #sinister on chat.virgin.net a couple days ago, and it was
superfantastic. I wasn't sure what i was wandering into and if i was
going to be shunned by an untra exclusive club, but the people were so
great.  I saw steve, another sarah, i think brian, jong, and a lot of
other people who i don't remember and i'm terribly sorry.  BUt the point
is that it's one of the friendliest, if not THE friendliest channels
i've been in so thankyou, you're wonderful, and i'll be back so brace
yourselves.  And all of you other 312 people should stop by too.  Oh on
second thought that would be a bit crazy.  But i'm sure no one would
mind.  euh.  sorry.

Thankyou, you're spamdamtastic, gbye.
sarah

. *** B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at ***
.     *** http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html ***