Sinister: "The beautiful, sparkling, healthy spar water of Bath .... in Avon".

Gary Done gary at xxx.uk
Sun Jul 19 02:58:29 BST 1998

Sarah, Preston's foremost expert on tyre construction wrote .....

> HUMPH!
>
> I am now on the digest - which takes 3 minutes to come through. Argh.
> And also, it doesn't cut out all the &nsp&nsp;nsop repeat FOREVER
> shit...

Why are you back on the digest then ?.

> OH YEY! I've just read on and Gary has a half crush on me back (whats so
> wrong about me front? heheh)....aaaw you sweetie :) *smooch* (well I did
> promise didn't I!)

Yep and it's about time you delivered as well. 87)  No silly, you have a
half crush on me.

> mmm....Safety Dance....

Careful now, you know what happens when you get songs stuck in my head. 87)

> Shoegazing, hey hey! Here we have something AGAIN that I do not
> understand and furthermore do not wish to "rediscover". I may be
> biaseddue to the fact that since those Manic Street Sweepers have been
> my fave band in the world ever maybe, I have been reading quotes like
> "We hate Slowdive more than Hitler".... but then again, I have never
> heard "Slowdive", "Moose"...I've heard Lush... but I must say I LOVE the
> Mark and lard version of Single Bloke much more than Single Gurrl...

Ahhh, but you need to hear early Lush to see the sheer brilliance they were.
Go get Gala.

> Has anyone seen the advert for a certain cereal?
> "I'm the sugar puff daddy"....
> genuis!

I don't know about genius, it's bloody scary though.

> Prince - HALF pint size twat.

I never got it myself, not even during the purple ones heyday. I'm too
polite to say such nasty things about him though.

> <<ticket prices should be between =A38 and =A310 for these dates ...
> again, we'll confirm this next week!>>
>
> DAVID!!! WHAT!!!!!! I hope you don't mean 38 quid.
> OK, I can get to Leeds. That's my 1st day back at college...buggered!!!!
> OK, help me justify this to my parents

Err ... you have to go to a David Essex convention there as part of your
media studies course.

Oh and going back a few days ago, great guitar solos were being bandied
around. i'm afraid there is only one and it occurs in the first couple of
minutes of "Hometown Unicorn" by Super Furry Animals. Although the "two key
guitar solo" during Buzzcocks "What Do I Get" is pretty good as well. Oh and
the one in "Give it Up" by Talk Talk, although it is a bit on the guitar
wankery side, but there you go.

In a completely not ripped off of "Planet Sound" letters page kind of way,
how about great piano solos, surely the one at the end of The The's
Uncertain Smile wins hands down ?.

Gratuitous B&S content. Yet again a tour that doesn't come within farting
distance of me, ARSE. Guess i'll have to go to Leeds again, DOUBLE ARSE.
Like the Murphy's though .....

Lovefroth Tuesday.

. *** B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at ***
.     *** http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html ***