Sinister: Bicycle Clips.

Adrian Evans aevans at xxx.uk
Mon Jul 20 09:46:47 BST 1998

PJ Harvey Keitel Miller wrote :

>It's a great joke, you just have
>to think about it for a couple of days, to the exclusion of everything else.
>Eventually it all becomes apparent. Trust me.

Nope.
Excuse me for being stooooooooooooooooooopid. Explain.  I'm not really an axe-murderer....It's not like I'm going to do anything if you offend my good lady...she might though as I found out to my cost when I accused her of being 13 stone.

...your bird is a horse

Is it any wonder I'm confused ?

Debbie wrote :

>> i was very disappointed with Electronic, though. I mean, if it were other
>> people in the band, i would have been quite impressed, i suppose, but i
>> would have expected more from two great talents such as bernard >>sumner and
>> johnny marr.

Espawotsit added :

>was bernard really a talent, tho? he could hardly sing (tho this did in
>itslef lead to some moments of genius, i'll admit), could definitely not
>write lyrics (ooh you've got blue eyes, oooh you've got green eyes,
>ooh you've got red eyes. - when a single black eye would have done the
>job...), and slagged off joy division at every opportunity...

>ooh you've got red eyes...Grey ?

I cannot disagree Bernard Sumner/Dicken/Albrecht was a talentless individual whose lyrics were as meaningless as my postings to this list.  However, he never once tried to defend his lyrical shortfalls and always refused to get drawn into explaning them.
He did though with the other three come up with some of the toppermost P!O!P! tunes of the eighties.
Electronic was a big big mistake (probably not if you look at Bernards bank balance) and apart from the very first single (collaboration with Neil Tenant) was a big bag of poo.

Someone kindly informed us of Morrisseys forthcoming death :

>Some suggest a new two-album deal with an unspecified label, others
>imminent retirement".

Could he not go back to being a consumer monkey ?

Now where are my bicycle clips ?

. *** B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at ***
.     *** http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html ***