Sinister: I'll play my "La la" shit for you anytime

Katrina House a-and-r at xxx.uk
Mon Jul 20 11:55:33 BST 1998

hi again ...

i really don't know whether i should be responding to this on the list
or not, but in the interests of self-promotion (well, for jeepster
anyway) it's on the list ...

Mick McMick wrote:

> Reid Dossinger wrote:
> > Then the next question is "Is it a tribute to the now-defunct D.C. band
> > of the same name?  Or at least about them?"  Velocity Girl, to this day,
> > is the best opening band I've ever seen (in 1993, opening for Belly).
>
>         I wrote Katrina with the same question in mind, after she told me it
> was an original. I'd say, 9 chances out of 10 say it's about the band.

well, as far as i know ... it's not.

the lyrics go along the lines of some girl speeding (whether it be on
drugs or in a car ... i dunno ... i'll remain innocent and assume it's
some kind of motor vehicle) and that's why she's called velocity girl.

and that's that.

(sorry for boring anyone)

oh, and kristen ... do we ever get to find out who voted for who?  i
'spose that's telling really though isn't it ...

gotta go.

bye,
Katrina.
        jeepster recordings ltd. - mailto:a-and-r at jeepster.co.uk
            217 canalot, 222 kensal road, london, w10 5bn, uk
               phone - 0181 964 9432, fax - 0181 964 8600
                        http://www.jeepster.co.uk

. *** B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at ***
.     *** http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html ***