Sinister: Monday morning mailbox blues

Kevan Cooke kcooke at xxx.uk
Mon Jul 20 10:55:00 BST 1998

On Northy meeting Thom Yorke:

A couple of years ago my brother saw Brett Anderson walking down Kilburn
High Road.  Another time he was on the railway station and sees this
girl who looks just like Justine out of Elastica standing there.  Then
this bloke who looks just like Damon out of Blur gets off a train and
embraces the Justine-like girl and they walk off together, visibly
reinventing themselves several times before they were out of view.

And two weeks ago he went for an job interview in Runcorn and who did he
see on the platform?  Louise Woodward.  You know, the baby shaking nanny.

The best I can do is that I saw Ron Dixon from Brookside in a pub once.

On French films:

What about Subway?  Or, rather predictably, Betty Blue?

On the subject of Canadian music:

Don't blame Canada, it was people in the UK that bought seven billion
copies of that bloody awful Bryan Adams record.

On the subject of the B&S album title:

Surely "The boy with the vibrating butt plug" would have the same effect,
but without causing confusion with the foulmouthed mumblemasters.

Kevan.

. *** B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at ***
.     *** http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html ***