Sinister: I'm going home in a Glaswegian ice-cream van

Ian Turton buffalo at xxx.uk
Mon Jul 20 12:32:15 BST 1998

Richard Connell wrote:

> Inverted snobbery is just as bad as snobbery you know.

Not wishing to start an argument (but assuming I will for be a pedant), but a snob
is someone who judges by social rank or wealth, not by merit. It does not pertain
simply to those at the upper end of these spectrums, a snob can themselves be poor,
rich or in-between, and of any class. The phrase 'inverted snobbery' therefore, is
pish. It has now become common parlance, however, so I s'pose it's fine to use it.
Yeah, so *why mention it*

And wishing to start an argument (but assuming I won't cos, well, I *want* to start
one): Caffreys: it really is shoddy, in-betweeny slops, the pissy taste of bad
lager with a not so subtle hint of the pissy taste of bad bitter. A drink for those
who, when all's said and done, would rather have their alcohol intake through a
drip.

parvenuncleTurt (though I say so myself, that sig's really rather clever)

Arrogant, arrogant shitehawk. Please, sense humour.

Guinness, BTW. It *is* good for you. Especially cos it's not really real.

. *** B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at ***
.     *** http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html ***