Sinister: Blueboy

debbie debbie.prior at xxx.com
Mon Jul 20 18:29:41 BST 1998

is this the David that used to be 'Ruth McCurry'? Just wondered. If it is,
hello! i thought you had unsubscribed or something...
the songs on that tape were beautiful, by the way... if it isn't the same
david then you'll not have a clue what i'm talking about, but hello anyway.

if i could answer some of those questions i would, but i can't so i wont...

love,
debbie (aka 'Alan Prior')

----------
> From: Cassell Professional Publishing <d.barker at xxx.uk>
> To: Sinister <sinister at majordomo.net>
> Subject: Sinister: Blueboy
> Date: 20 July 1998 18:10
>

> Has anyone seen the review of the new Blueboy album in Mojo? Not only do
> they make it Indie album of the month (aren't we supposed to have stopped
> using that word by now?) but the reviewer describes it as a more polished
> Belle and Sebastian.
>
> What a strange thing to say. It's a very nice record, with five or six
> lovely songs on it. But the up-tempo numbers suck, and it rather
overplays
> the Cocteau Twins big echoing guitar strum effect. It does mention Oon in
> the thank you bit on the sleeve, though, which is cool. I presume it's
the
> same Oon.
>
> Does anyone know anything about Union Wireless? Keith Cameron played a
song
> of theirs on XFM the other night and it was wonderful. Also, is the
Arnold
> record worth buying?
>
> I enjoyed the shoegazing discussion a while back. My favourite shoegazing
> song of all time is Mogwai's New Paths to Helicon, which pretty much
defines
> the genre. I don't think they're much cop since, though.
>
> One more question: who is the guy who sings on the V-Twin b-side (Sound
as
> Ever, I think it's called). It isn't
> Chris, is it? It sounds very much like young Roddy Frame. Now there's a
man
> who lost the plot...
>
> Take care,
>
> DAVID

. *** B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at ***
.     *** http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html ***