Sinister: Re: Top Ten French Films

Funkyseb at xxx.com Funkyseb at xxx.com
Mon Jul 20 20:03:48 BST 1998

On Sat, 18 Jul 1998, James Errington wrote:

> Top ten french films
>
> 10	Germinal
> 9	La Lectrice
> 8	Manon Des Source
> 7	Ridicule
> 6	Jean De Florette
> 5	Jules Et Jim
> 4	Les Valeuses
> 3	Les Amants
> 2	L'Appartement
> 1	Zazie Dans Le Metro
>
> 	Bonsoir mon nouveu ami!
> 				Le WeeJay
     What about the fantastic La Haine? (sp?)
I was sat in a really nasty pub in Croydon, one New Years Eve, surrounded by
knuckle dragging trendies and casuals, feeling very fey and very scared
indeed.
And then, one of them started talking about La Haine, and very quickly, we
started talking. They turned out to be really good mates, thus proving:
1  Class does not affect your understanding of art (as some people seem to
think)
and
2  Subtitles are no barrier to enjoying a fucking good film.

I also love the Tit and the Moon, but that's not French, is it?

A Bientot,
Seb
. *** B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at ***
.     *** http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html ***