Sinister: re: boards of canada

andrew dean koogydelbbog at xxx.com
Tue Jul 21 10:00:28 BST 1998

beth:
>Does anyone have any info on this Scottish band?
>I've never heard of this "Boards Of Canada" band before...I was sent
>the promo and it ain't half bad. It's ambient stuff...

yeah, it's on warp here in the uk, an lp called 'music has the right
to children' (about 18 tracks, is that the one you have?) and at it's
best (that one track with 'pete' in the title) it does a passable
autechre copy. yeah, is nice. actually, last time i heard it was
whilst doing the washing up whilst visiting a friend in Los Angeles,
it was one of the four tapes i took over to keep me occupied on the
trip, the others being the delgados and adventures in stereo lps. and
something else. um, yeah, boards played a track for peel recently,
played live into the station from the place where they record sessions
so i guess a peel session is coming shortly. there's also another
track on the warp 100 compilation cd out recently. and that's about
it, they just seemed to appear from out of the scottish mist a couple
of months ago. and apparently they live somewhere really remote in
scotland.

andy x
==
andrew dean (koogydelbbog at yahoo.com)

. *** B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at ***
.     *** http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html ***