Sinister: Tape Trees

Kevan Cooke kcooke at xxx.uk
Tue Jul 21 11:09:00 BST 1998

Keith asked:
>Are we supposed to wait for some "Away you go!" like Ron Pickering used to
>say before we mail out these tapes to people (not that I've actually
>recorded the fucker yet).

"Away you go!"

I sent out a message to everyone on the UK tape tree last friday to let
them know where they fit into the grand scheme of things.  Anyone who was
expecting to be on the UK tape tree and has NOT received my message should
mail me directly to let me know ASAP.

>   Also, it'd be quite a nice idea I think to post to the list with what
>tracks you put on each others tapes, so's that not only can other people see
>what other people put on their tapes, but they get a chance to go "Oh no,
>you don't like them do you" and "Their shit early stuff was much better".

Sorry Keith but I disagree, I for one would rather find out what is on each
tape as it arrives in the post and not before.  I'm a bit confused as to what
you mean by "tracks you put on each others tapes".  Everyone records their
own tape, and once it's done other people don't record over it or anything,
it just gets sent round the tape tree as is.

And yes, the shit early stuff is always better.

Kevan

. *** B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at ***
.     *** http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html ***