Sinister: Out of the frying pan ..

Ian Turton buffalo at xxx.uk
Tue Jul 21 12:30:10 BST 1998

Joss wrote:

> turt said:
> >She sure is purty. But she's gonna die like a dawg
> O for fuck's sake, crown this man...

I have emailed Joss privatately on this. If I anyone else was offended, I
apologise. As I explained to Joss, the line is taken from 'The Day to Day',
the spoof TV news program fronted (and partly created) by Chris Morris (of
Brasseye fame), and is spoken by a minister appointed to oversee the execution
of a female arsonist in the Deep South. I'm not entirely happy with Joss'
rejoinder, and would have preferred a private email that didn't tend to make
me look like an apologist for women beaters in front of 500+ people who don't
know me (and therefore, to be blunt, wouldn't know any better), but I guess I
shouldn't have assumed anyone else's comprehension before I sent the message.

As many of you will know (and I seem intent on proving ad nauseum), this
emailing lark can be a tricky bidness, less you keep yer mouth shut. I promise
my next email will be uncontentious and informative. Possibly on topic. Just
keep breathing.

Turt

. *** B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at ***
.     *** http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html ***