Sinister: new B&S album so-called review

oon ooon at xxx.th
Tue Jul 21 15:10:28 BST 1998

Hi!

not from me unfortunately, the below review's from a friend.
just think some of you (esp Mr.Miller) might like to read.
(hope Katrina and David don't mind me forwarding this to the list)

and Cassell Professional Publishing wrote:
> ..... It does mention Oon in the thank you bit on
> the sleeve, though, which is cool. I presume it's the
> same Oon.

really?  i do really hope it's me, otherwise i'll be rather
upset...i don't want to share my name with anyone :)
nice to see you back David!

i like Keith's idea that everyone posts the tracklist
for tape tree to the list. has anyone actually
finished the tape?  i'll try to finish it soon
to make up for the distance.

love,
oon xxx

Arthit Promprasit wrote:

> Don't know if anyone has reviewed the new LP of Belle And Sebastian here,
> but I just got an advance tape with 14 tracks on and it is really amazing!
> The tape here has a Virgin label on with the "non-definitive tracklisting,
> pre-mastered" on the cover. However there is a track "I Know Where The
> Summer Goes" included which wasn't on the final tracklisting that confirmed
> by Jeepster a while back. ("Summer Goes" is so beautiful -
> Kit/Pelvis/Hopkirk And Lee comparisons).
>
> The whole LP sounds pretty much like "3..6...9 Seconds Of Light" with some
> surprises. The best tracks obviously are "Seymore Stein" and "The Boy With
> The Arab Strap" - they are blessed with boy/girl singings and B&S usual
> hand-clapping bit. "The Rollercoaster Ride" will go well with all PCH
> drivers in Los Angeles, while "Ease Your Feet Into The Sea" will make
> Brighton/Blackppol boys swoon over. Actually the song reminds me of Cafe Del
> Mar's Jose Padilla! "Is It Wicked Not To Care" and "The Gate" are sung by
> their female singer, and admittedly too twee for my own good..Also B&S gone
> on a funky tip on a short track "A Spaceboy Dream" with a heavy
> Scottish-accent spoken word intro.
>
> Apologies if this has spoiled your appetizer, the cover says the release
> date 7 September, so it is not too far away. And a note to Jeepster peep -
> rest-assured that I won't make any home-made copy of this tape to anyone.
> Swear to god!
> Best Wishes,
. *** B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at ***
.     *** http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html ***