Sinister: another expression of ticket joy

Cassell Professional Publishing d.barker at xxx.uk
Tue Jul 21 18:14:30 BST 1998

This is probably going to really start annoying anyone who can't make it to
the concerts, but it's just *so* exciting! It's been a horrendous day at
work, my knee is a disaster, but just the fact that I have a ticket for
September makes it all worthwhile.

Hi Debbie! it is indeed David of old Ruth notoriety here. Your tape has got
me through the last few months, especially Wrong Love. What's happened to
that one? What's happened to the Middle Distance Runner, as well?

Would anyone object if a six week old baby comes to the concert in London?
It should be born any day now, and its parents would like to bring it along.
I'm only asking because the last wedding I went to was butchered, atmosphere
wise, by a screaming infant. Is the Shepherds bush empire big enough for a
baby not to matter?
If anyone objects violently, let me know.

Has anyone read The Wind-up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami? It is truly
the best book I've read in years. Every single thing that happens in it is
totally bizarre, but the narrator is the most laid-back guy in the world,
and refuses to be fazed by anything. It makes you laugh and cry and all that
stuff. And it's piss easy to read, as well.

Went to see Jerry Seinfeld at the Palladium the other night: the best
opening to any show I've ever seen. A three minute standing ovation, then
twenty seconds of silence, followed by the line:

You know what I like about the Chinese people?

Perhaps you had to be there...

Time Out today describes David Gedge's new project as sounding a bit like
Belle and Sebastian. This sounds as likely as Peter Hook's new project
sounding like Billie, but there you go.

Why are journalists so lazy?

Take care,

DAVID

. *** B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at ***
.     *** http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html ***