Sinister: Goo Goo dolls

Suzanne Schroeder suzsch at xxx.net
Wed Jul 22 06:58:55 BST 1998

> Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 14:04:15 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Jessica Murphy <jmurphy at xxx.Edu>
> Subject: Re: Sinister: People won't accept....
>
> On Sat, 18 Jul 1998, Suzanne Schroeder wrote:
>
> > My top 10 list of artists who should give it up and go home:
> >
> > 5.  goo Goo Dolls
>

> Oh, I know... If I have to hear that song from the "City of Angels"
> soundtrack ONE MORE TIME...

I want everyone to look at their latest video and agree with me (well, you
DON'T have to agree with me or that will be anti-existentialist) but the
Goo Goo Dolls are the new Bon Jovi:

1.  Lead singer's hair cuts have nice layer-y texture to them and are the
same hair color.
2.  Dolls have no other career except for making bloated singles for
movies...Bon Jovi did this and starrred in a few to boot.
3.  "Meaningful" lyrics.

Only 3 points, but very damning.  Even OJ Simpson couldn't get convicted on
it, which tells you how compelling it is!

BTW:  what the heck is the Moz obsession on this group about?  I figure
there would be a bit of a crossover, but gee-golly wilikers.  I'm a fan
too, but it's weird to come here and see it here, also.

. *** B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at ***
.     *** http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html ***
.                        Nee, nee mun etc.