Sinister: Keith and Stephen, in a tree. K!I!S!S!I!N!G!

Mctaggart, Robert MctaggartR at xxx.com
Tue Jul 21 18:03:46 BST 1998

Hello young lovers,

I'd sit down for a while, it's enormous (as it were).

There's a taste sensation.  And it's sweeping the nation.  Firstly

then Joss wrote:

>I'm listening to that Impressions compilation on kent and it
>is truly the finest thing ever.

Both these statements win the Tag kitemark of approval.  I didn't like
"Wings of desire" when I first saw it, and I can only assume I was mad.
It's got Columbo in it, and Nick Cave too, and as if that wasn't enough,
it is beautiful.  The sequel, "Far away, so close" is tops too, even U2
can't spoil it, especially with the presence of Nastassja "prrrrOWWW"
Kinski.  I bought the Impressions compilation by accident, and it blew
my socks off.  Come the revolution, anyone who can listen to "You always
hurt me" and not dance like a fiend and cry real tears should be shot
(with a water pistol, I hasten to add).

In the light of all this wanton tastefulness, Killjoy Keith had to spoil
it all by writing:

>och, The Pastels are crap

Keith, if the Pastels are so crap, why were you standing at Hillhead
Station with grinning all over your face when Stephen Pastel was there?
It's because you can't wait to rip off his duffle coat and do the wild
thing, isn't it?  Personally, the Pastels rock my world, and always
have.

What else is new?  Class war?  How did that happen?  As far as I'm
concerned, bleating about being middle class and no-one understanding
you is akin to singing "it's 'orrible being in love when you're eight
and a half".  It may seem like you're hard done by, but grown-ups have
it worse.  Anyway, since I started going to those simply divine garden
parties at Lord Northy's country manor, I think the middle class are
scum.  Talking of Northy...

>This really was a wasted mail wasn't it?

No mail from you is wasted, Northy.  Not when I can close my eyes and
imagine your resonant baritone uttering every word.

Miller wrote:

>Don't worry about whether a film is French or not before including it
>in your Top Ten French Films. No one else is worrying about it, Le >Pen
would have a fit!

With this in mind, here are my top ten French films.  Obviously, I am
doing this because I am "going for more cred points by recommending
particularly cool/obscure" films "which are probably not much cop
anyway, by the way", and not because I thought you might like to know,
cos they're good.  Actually, it's neither, I'm just bored, and tomorrow
I'll remember a load of stuff I'd forgotten.

1  Gregory's girl
2  Time of the gypsies
3  400 blows
4  My life as a dog
5  Kitchen
6  Chungking express
7  The Tennant
8  Kes
9  Une femme est une femme
10 Mean streets

Ian Turton wrote:

>I have emailed Joss privatately on this. If I anyone else was
>offended, I apologise. As I explained to Joss, the line is taken from
>'The Day to Day', the spoof TV news program fronted (and partly
>created) by Chris Morris (of Brasseye fame), and is spoken by a
>minister appointed to oversee the execution of a female arsonist in
>the Deep South. I'm not entirely happy with Joss' rejoinder, and >would
have preferred a private email that didn't tend to make
>me look like an apologist for women beaters in front of 500+ people

If it's any help Ian, I recognised the quote from "The Day Today".  I
also recognised the title of Joss' rejoinder as being from the same
programme.  I think maybe you overreacted....ooh...just slightly.  Does
this mean you are no longer our lovin' uncle?  I hope not.  We all need
some lovin'.

And finally my favourite signature of the day:

Peter Larsson wrote:

>Peter Larsson
>
>Peter Larsson

So good they named him twice.

I snog you,
Tag xxx

PS  7 crushes?  You people are sick.  Except one.
. *** B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at ***
.     *** http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html ***
.                        Nee, nee mun etc.