Sinister: Stretching Out

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Wed Jul 22 21:07:58 BST 1998

McRagtag Mcrote:

>With this in mind, here are my top ten French films.  Obviously, I am
>doing this because I am "going for more cred points by recommending
>particularly cool/obscure" films "which are probably not much cop
>anyway, by the way", and not because I thought you might like to know,
>cos they're good

There's a question I've been wanting to ask for ages, but the subject of
French films has never come up before. I once saw this French film from
Belgium, it was the scariest film I've ever seen, really good. It was called
"The Vanishing". Does anybody know who the director is, or if it's available
on video? I would like to scare the wits out of my "other half" with it.
Another good French film is a short one called "Les Mistons", about a group
of kids who sniff a girl's bike seat while she's off snogging with her
boyfriend. Quite B&S, possibly.

Guitar solos. I'm going through a bit of a Who phase, and in the sleeve
notes to Live in Leeds there are lots of references to Pete's oppotunities
to "stretch out" during the guitar solos. So perhaps that's what we should
be looking for, the opportunity to "stretch out". By the by, Tim, the tape
I've done you is chock a block full of people "stretching out", so if you
don't like it you'll have to pass it on to a discerning rock chick. In
Preston. OK?

Peter
. >>> B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at <<<
.     >>> http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html <<<
.                      Nee, nee mun pish etc.