Sinister: check 1-2

Richard Hutt harrypalmer66 at xxx.com
Thu Jul 23 02:16:38 BST 1998

Hello list

I've been away for a while - whoring around other lists, etc. - and I
must say, revisiting sinister is a pleasure. Class war, lust, French
cinema - it's all so much more….vital than some I could mention. And so
well run.

You can keep your Sandi Toksvigs and Tommy Boyds, because yesterday at
lunch I sat opposite Dustin Hoffman. Unbelievable but true. He gave me
one of those strange L.A. style "how's it going?" type combination nod
and smile things. Unsurprisingly, I wasn't sure quite what to say to
him.

But I did ask Terence Stamp for his autograph in a tea-shop recently. He
signed my napkin "all the best, Terence" and seemed a little high.

Mr. Begbie mentioned: Where are you now Stefan Dennis?
Gayle & Gillian?  Craig McLachlan and Check-1-2?

…and that was all it took to provoke me to share an odd sight from the
Summer before last. Westminster Housing Benefit Office - a young man
with an exceptional mullet - that is to say, hair which is short on top,
long at back  (a.k.a. "the best of both worlds" or "safety cut") and a
home - decorated leather jacket that was a sartorial tribute to Craig
McLachlan and Check 1-2, covered with artful graffiti concerning the
band, and their logo. Kind of a walking shrine, in mixed media - tipp-ex
and red aerosol, I recall. Bear in mind this was 1996, many years after
what passed for Craig McLachlan's prime.

Just in case I missed it while I was fannying about (is fannying an
internationally comprehensible word?) - are they playing in America any
time soon? B& S, that is, not Craig McLachlan and Check 1-2.

Pardon my irrelevance,

Richard

P.S. am I dreaming, or did that pre-release review just posted recommend
the new album for Brighton Boys and people who drive down the Pacific
Coast Highway - and does that mean the entire album is just for me,
since in the Venn diagram I am picturing, people in those two groups
number roughly...me?

. >>> B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at <<<
.     >>> http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html <<<
.                      Nee, nee mun pish etc.