Sinister: Embrace / Pulp / gigs

Stuart Gardiner skg21 at xxx.uk
Thu Jul 23 20:40:12 BST 1998

I was listening to the Evening Session tonight, waiting for the Hefner
session to come on (which incidentally has been extremely good - if anyone
wants a tape get in touch). Anyway, they had Embrace playing live into the
show and choosing their favourite records, and the first one was... Stars
Of Track And Field!

Of course, I still think Embrace are talentless tossers, but at least
they're talentless tossers with good taste...

Phoned up for my gig tickets this morning, and have spent the rest of the
day trying to work out why Way Ahead insist on posting the tickets for the
two shows to me separately (apart from to make more money by charging me
postage twice...). Very curious...

Oh, and I second Ed's recommendation for 'Brighton Beach' as post-gig
entertainment in Leeds, probably the best club in town; it's quite similar
to the 'Shine' night we all went to in Manchester, but slightly less
packed like sardines... I seem to remember both clubs are reviewed in this
week's Melody Maker. Although I'm not sure how I'll make it down to
Nottingham for the next day's gig if I'm there until 4am...

Finally, a few of us are planning on meeting up before the Pulp Finsbury
Park concert on Saturday. Anyone is welcome to join us; email me at my
work address ( Stuart.Gardiner at pigroup.co.uk ) and I'll let you know the
details when we've sorted them out. And if you see a tall bloke there in a
white B&S T-Shirt, it's probably me, so come and say hello!

The Tall Git

PS This is my 99th posting since Sinister started last August, so I'll
have to wait until I've got something interesting to say for my 100th. So
you probably won't hear from me for some time...

. >>> B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at <<<
.     >>> http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html <<<
.                      Nee, nee mun pish etc.