Sinister: Whee!!!!!! and other related topics

Suzanne Schroeder suzsch at xxx.net
Fri Jul 24 03:46:25 BST 1998

Happy Happy day!  Yesterday was the first time in months I walked around
with an incredibly stupid grin on my face all day long.  Sadly, it wasn't
love related, but it was even better.....Do you know when people
continuously tell you that something is impossible and that you either have
to kill yourself working or plainly know the right person to get something
done?  And then you get nervous because you think "oh gee, even so and so
had to struggle and they're killer, so what sort of chance do I stand?...."
 Well, I proved them all wrong!

BWA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!!!!!!!!!

That's my non commital undefinable gloat for the day.

> Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 14:10:44 +0100
> From: "Cassell Professional Publishing" <d.barker at xxx.uk>
> Subject: Sinister: crooked album review
>
> I just found out that my friend John will be reviewing the LP for Select.

I know a guy from England named John.  Are we talking about the same guy?
He's about this big and about this tall and wears his hair this way......

> I *think* he's a fan (although he's always annoyingly ambivalent about
these
> things), so with luck he'll give it five boxes out of five.

Boxes?  When phrased like that, it sort of makes the reward sound very
goofy.  I want to revise the scale to where it includes every charm from
the Lucky Charms cereal box.  I give the last album green clovers, blue
diamonds,  a purple horseshoe, and the rainbow charm.  Either that, or a
very complicated system with all former members of the Smiths with the
scale ranging from Andy Rourke's latest project to the impossible member
reunion outside of a courtroom.  Hmm.  I'm trying to figure out how to rate
good and bad on this scale.  Never mind.

>If I find out
> that he doesn't like it (god forbid), could we perhaps bribe him to give
it
> top marks?

Couldn't we all just sleep with him?  Some of us are broke.....

I'm getting this mental picture of 500 list members appearing on his door
step all at once.  We can make a picnic of it in the botanical gardens in
Glasgow.  I still love the statue in the greenhouse of the man with a
monkey in his lap.  I died laughing the first time I saw it.

s.s.

"You wouldn't even like me if you never had a drink...You wouldn't even
like me if you never stopped to think"

_Elvis costello
. >>> B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at <<<
.     >>> http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html <<<
.                      Nee, nee mun pish etc.