Sinister: Re: Leeds Date

andrew_grant at xxx.com andrew_grant at xxx.com
Fri Jul 24 08:14:19 BST 1998

emason wrote: (am I the only person from Leeds on the list?)

Although it's entirely possible that you're the only person IN Leeds on
the list, I'm FROM Horsforth,
though currently working just (!) outside Leeds in, erm, well,
Frankfurt.

Incidentally, am I the only person in Germany on the list (sorry if this
has been asked before, I only joined 2 days ago...) I can't believe I
could be...

I haven't lived "properly" (i.e. full time!) in Leeds since 1992 when I
first went away to Uni, but am back now and then, for weddings and
various other events. I'm toying with the idea of flying back for the
gig, but I've not much holiday left this year, I'd have to take the
Friday off, £130+ for a flight, plus train from Manchester..... Oh, so
many crappy excuses for such a potentially brilliant gig...

As for post-gig potential venues, I've heard Brighton Beach is superb,
though The Cockpit isn't all that bad, as I discovered after the
Delgados gig in May; 3 different dancefloors with everything from Baggy
and Mainstream Indie to Electronica and, well, most not bad things.

I think I'll take a chance on Germany being counted either as Northern
or Southern Europe and maybe even hire a car to go to any gigs in France
or Belgium or anywhere....

I'm *very* excited about the looper single - sadly my large corporate
employer has - it seems - no p.c.'s with soundbite facilities, so i'll
let myself be surprised.

love,
Andrew

p.s. My sister's record label, Iodine (releases so far: one single in
1996!!) rejected Embrace's demo in 1996 for the feeble, half-arsed,
sub-Oasis (and that's saying something) drivel that their music is. I'm
genuinely shocked that they chose "Stars of Track and Field" as one of
their favourite tunes, but good music can seemingly win through to
self-obsessed dunderheads. From Huddersfield.