Sinister: The loneliness of a bored employee... with bosoms

Nick Dastoor nickdastoor at xxx.com
Fri Jul 24 09:43:32 BST 1998

Gratuitious misspelling gag:

christian jay sienkiewicz wrote...

> this is my first post on the list, so bare with me readers.

Wh-hay! No messing around with this one.  Call yourself a Christian?

More 'on topic':

A long time ago, in a digest far far away, bad young brother Rob.B had
a go at transcribing the lyrics to "The loneliness of a
middle-distance runner" (he called it "The loneliness of THE
middle-distance runner", which is sensible given the book/film title,
but according to David's  voting booth and possibly my ears, he's
mistaken on this score).

Anyway, at the time no one replied to his plea for help with it, but
I've belatedly decided to pick up his baby and run with it.  I haven't
really added much, but SOMEONE out there must be clever.  Rather like
PJ's video of the WHO fan's bosoms, I have worn out the section of the
tape with the second line trying to figure it out but now I give up.

The loneliness of a middle-distance runner

I'll take a second of the day to think about the things that we have
done this year
The dark ? and the pouring rain, the  [...????...] smokers' railway
arch again (??)
The future's looking colourful, it's the colour of the chaos (??) and
corruption of a happy soul
A happy soul will write (?) in the field, write in the field, write in
the field
'Til the rain dies down.

The railway ticket states the destination but it doesn't mean, we will
show
There's a fork upon the line, we'll pay the guard to switch the sign,
and off we'll go
The future's looking wonderful, it's the wonder of the business-man,
Conspiracy to sell you wares, but no-one cares
Oh you care I know, you care I know, you care I know, I forgot for a
while.

And on a sulky afternoon spent in this year you'll give yourself a
headache yeah.
So I take revenge in stories, and I'm dreaming of the time when we're on
stage

Have you seen the loneliness of a middle distance runner, as he stopped
the race and looked around, all at the stage I've seen it now
I'll walk to the station, walk to the station, walk to the station
Won't you follow me?

Final plea:

The other day I was challenged to think of a good film about love that
has a happy ending.  This didn't seem to daunting a task, but I still
can't think of one.  Can anyone help?

Nick xxxx
. >>> B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at <<<
.     >>> http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html <<<
.                      Nee, nee mun pish etc.