Sinister: Listening Party?, etc.

Mick McMick mick at xxx.com
Fri Jul 24 13:11:34 BST 1998

Hm...
	I am faced with a bit of a dilemma. You see I'm the music director for
a smallish college radio station. I thought that perhaps when the new
album comes out, we could have a little listening party at the station.
Put up some flyers, bake some cookies, you know that sort of thing =P
Anyway, I still think it's an all-around good idea, but I am in a bit of
a pickle. For us, classes don't begin until September 8th, which (in the
US) is the very day the album is slated to be released! So my question
is: do I bite the bullet and organize this listening party on the first
day of class, knowing that it'll probably affect attendance in a
negative fashion; or do I wait a couple days until the weekend or
something like that, and have the listening party a few days later? A
later date would attract more B&S-listening students, but I think the
spirit of the thing might be screwed up if I did that. What do you lot
think? Help!

	Also...
Mark Casarotto says...
> Firstly, as I found out to my cost, you're not allowed to use the word
> "bosoms" when Katrina might be around. It upsets her, though for some
> reason "quim", "felch" and "hairy pie" drew nary a gasp when we were
> playing rude scrabble. Well, I didn't get punched for them, anyway.

	Dirty Scrabble? Is that a matter-of-fact game? Or did your game just
devolve into that =D  I think it might make an added challenge to the
game, and a certain modicum of fun that the game sometimes lacks...
Maybe we'll play dirty Scrabble at the listening party...nah.

Nick Dastoor pleas:
> The other day I was challenged to think of a good film about love that
> has a happy ending.  This didn't seem to daunting a task, but I still
> can't think of one.  Can anyone help?

	Barcelona, L.A. Story...Snow White? Hehe

 /"\_/"\_/"\    Mick McMick - mick at indiepop.com - ICQ#5056758
 \         /    Sandcastle Records - sandcastlerecords at indiepop.com
  |       |     Sandcastle Homepage - http://indiepop.com/sandcastle/
  |       |
  |       |     "Everyone has their own cup of tea.
  |       |          Some just happen to like a lot of sugar in it!"
  |       |               - Me!
. >>> B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at <<<
.     >>> http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html <<<
.                      Nee, nee mun pish etc.