Sinister: The WHO

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Fri Jul 24 16:02:42 BST 1998

>Pete exposing Roger's chummy on stage antics.

I must agree here, this one's a cracker, where Pete Townshend's asked about
what his least favourite live WHO song was, and at first he replies
"Dreaming from the waist - cause Roger used to like doing it" and then he
changes his mind to "Sister Disco" cause Roger used to try to pal up to him
whenever they did it live to try and make it out like that they were best
pals really - which he claims they weren't at all. I'd recommend almost any
70's WHO album to anyone (Except maybe Who are You, but there's still a few
class tracks on that one), indeed I'm gonna record over whoever's sending me
a tape with 70's WHO songs and then send them all to someone I've never
heard of - for the tape tree.

    Katrina's suggested a place to meet for the after London show carry on.
Here's the deal :

>Trash @ Plastic People on Oxford Street - good dj's, lovely (yet
>somewhat crowded and tiny) venue ... used to be going underground ....
>which was ace ... kind of like that britpop place we took you to on the
>saturday night, yet they play more 60's stuff on the monday's.

Which reminds me, that place sold only HALF PINTS. Something I was not
chuffed at all with - and indeed the 70's WHO would have been far from
chuffed with, well known for their boozy, televisions out of windows antics,
indeed, another WHO anecdote involves how in New York, Keith Moon paid about
8 taxi drivers a large sum of money to block off both ends of the road they
were in, so's he could safely launch televisions out of the window.

Cheers,
    Keith.

. >>> B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at <<<
.     >>> http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html <<<
.                      Nee, nee mun pish etc.