Sinister: The loneliness of a bored employee... with bosoms

duke of harringay tangent at xxx.net
Fri Jul 24 20:37:39 BST 1998

Nick Dastoor wrote:

nearly all the words to midle distance runner... and here's my version,
which is essentially the same but with i think that second line cracked,
and a few changes later on. i LOVE this song.

cheers.

the duke

> The loneliness of a middle-distance runner
>
> I'll take a second of the day to think about the things that we have
> done this year
> The dog lies down, the pouring rain, i'm underneath the smokers' railway
> arch again
> The future's looking colourful, it's the colour of blood, chaos and
> corruption of a happy soul
> A happy soul will write in the field, write in the field, write in
> the field
> 'Til the rain dies down.
>
> The railway ticket states the destination but it doesn't mean, we will
> show
> There's a fork upon the line, we'll pay the guard to switch the sign.
> off we go
> The future's looking wonderful, it's the wonder of the business-man's
> Conspiracy to sell you wares, but no-one cares
> Oh you care I know, you care I know, you care I know, I forgot for a
> while.
>
> And on a sulky afternoon spent in dispute you'll give yourself a
> headache yeah.
> So I take revenge in stories, and I'm dreaming of the time when we're on
> stage
>
> Have you seen the loneliness of a middle distance runner, when he stops
> the race and looks around, all at the stage I've seen it now
> I'll walk to the station, walk to the station, walk to the station
> Won't you follow me?

'all of our dreams are dying of overdoses'

Tangents On-Line http://www.virtual-pc.com/tangent/
http://website.lineone.net/~tangent/index.html
PO Box 102, Exeter, EX2 4YL, UK
tangent at lineone.net

. >>> B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at <<<
.     >>> http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html <<<
.                      Nee, nee mun pish etc.