Sinister: Orange Juice releases

duke of harringay tangent at xxx.net
Sun Jul 26 15:01:34 BST 1998

PKHINTZ at aol.com wrote:

>         Polydor in the UK recently reissued and remasted the Orange Juice albums on
> CD with extra tracks.  Granted your friend goes to a record shop, they should
> have no problems locating the albums.  (Unless you are looking for the real
> deal original issue. . . )  I believe Postcard reissued the singles not too
> long ago also.  (I may be wrong on that last one--blame the headache from my
> summer cold.)

all my sympathy for summer cold sufferers, i've been in the same boat
for the past week. ugh. yes Postcard did issue a compilation of all
their OJ singles plus rarities, called 'the heather's on fire' it was/is
a brilliant collection, both in content and packaging. there's also a
'hidden' track at the end which is the nu-sonics 'who are the mystery
girls' and it's very entertaining. postcard also put out the essential
'ostrich churchyard' LP, which was the unreleased debut LP as recorded
before the Polydor deal. Very similar to the actual debut in terms of
songs, but it's even less polished, scratchier, and really it is
magical... especially to hear both parts 1 & 2 of 'Consolation Prize'.

as for finding original vinyl records, well the Postcard singles are
hard to find and usually very expensive... dunno about the Polydor ones,
last time i picked one up was about eight years ago. it was 'felicity'
and it cost me a quid at the time.

the duke
'all of our dreams are dying of overdoses'

Tangents On-Line http://www.virtual-pc.com/tangent/
http://website.lineone.net/~tangent/index.html
PO Box 102, Exeter, EX2 4YL, UK
tangent at lineone.net

. >>> B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at <<<
.     >>> http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html <<<
.                      Nee, nee mun pish etc.